Last updated: 05/04/2022
At Unleash Equity, we look after your details carefully. We adhere strictly to the requirements under UK data protection legislation following the introduction of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We collect, store and process data in line with the rules of the Data Protection Act 2018.
This policy describes how we collect, use and look after the information you provide us with when you use our online and mobile services and when we provide you with our products and services.
The data collected, stored and processed is accurate, kept safe and secure, kept for no longer than necessary and will not be transferred outside the European Economic Area without adequate protection.
Who we are
We are Unleash Equity Ltd (Company number: 12232003).
Our website address is: https://www.unleashequity.co.uk.
Unleash Equity is a trading style of TRN Adviser Ltd, an Appointed Representative of The Right Mortgage Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England and Wales no. 09832887. Registered Address: 70 St. Johns Close, Knowle, Solihull, England, B93 0NH.
The guidance and/or advice contained within this website is subject to the UK regulatory regime and is therefore targeted at consumers based in the UK.
Our Contact Details
- Name: Unleash Equity Ltd
- Address: 16 Tichborne Street, Brighton, BN1 1UR
- Web: https://www.unleashequity.co.uk
- Phone Number: 020 3827 3572
- E-mail: Contact form
ICO Data Protection Register
Unleash Equity is registered with the ICO under the Data Protection Register, our registration number is: ZA563360.
What do we collect?
You may directly provide our company the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
- Financial information (for the purpose of combating fraud and money laundering);
- Health and medical information (for the purpose of providing insurance advice);
- Property informant (for the purpose of mortgage underwriting);
See our cookies policy for details of information collected by our website.
How do we collect your data?
You may directly supply us with personal data via the following methods when you:
- Contact us via a form on this website
- Contact us via email, the postal service and by telephone
- Use or view the website via your browser’s cookies
Our Company may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources
- Introducers who refer your enquiry to our company (with your permission)
- Advertising Partners who refer your enquiry to our company (with your permission)
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- Lenders – Will provide us with necessary information to assist in providing advice, establishment of a lending product or the ongoing servicing of our customers;
- Insurers – Will provide us with necessary information to assist in providing advice, establishment of an insurance product or the ongoing servicing of our customers.
How will we use your data?
Collecting this information helps us better understand what you need from us.
We use it to offer you products and services that we think will suit you as your circumstances change and to improve your browsing and service experience with us. The main uses of your data are:
- Improve the usability, functionality and performance of our site
- To provide your services;
- To provide you with service information and updates;
- To provide access to privileged areas of the website;
- To enable us to review, develop and improve our products, services and special offers;
- To carry out market research;
- To profile your usage and utilisation of our services;
- To send you details of appropriate products, services, special offers and rewards
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Mortgage advice, assessment/qualification and underwriting;
- Insurance advice, assessment/qualification and underwriting.
This information is collected on a ‘contractual’ basis to assist us with providing you with a mortgage and protection advice service.
We use the information that you have given us in order to provide you with mortgage and/or insurance advice.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- We have a contractual obligation;
We have a legal obligation;
- We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored in electronic format using our customer relationship management systems, Pipedrive and The Key.
Additionally, we also make use of market-leading product sourcing technology provided by Mortgage Brain, Trigold, iPipeline and AIR sourcing.
How long we retain your data
We will retain your information for as long as is needed to provide a service to you. If you wish to cancel We keep the above personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfil our regulatory and legal responsibilities. This means that we will retain your information for as long as you are legally able to file a complaint or as long as we have a legal obligation to do so under Anti-Money Laundering legislation. We will then dispose your information by permanently deleting from our files.
Who we share your data with
We may share this information with:
- Lenders (the specific lenders approached will be disclosed to you during the advice process);
- Insurance companies (the specific insurers approached will be disclosed to you during the advice process);
- The Financial Conduct Authority (regulatory purposes);
- The Information Commissioner’s Office (law enforcement);
- National Crime Agency (Law enforcement)
- Other law enforcement bodies (law enforcement);
- Customer Relationship Management and Product Sourcing Systems (day to day processing of your data).
We will not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal details to other third-parties, except:
- When required to do so by law;
- In response to a valid legal request by a law enforcement officer, government agency or other regulatory authority;
- When you have explicitly or implicitly given your consent.
- To process your application, we will transfer the required data needed to the lender. This is only actioned with your consent should you wish to make an application.
- Unleash Equity is a trading style of TRN Adviser Ltd, an Appointed Representative of The Right Mortgage Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England and Wales no. 09832887. Registered Address: 70 St. Johns Close, Knowle, Solihull, England, B93 0NH
What are your data protection rights?
Under data protection law, you have certain rights; including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at: [email protected] if you wish to make a request.
How to Complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at [email protected]
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office [ICO] if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
- Information Commissioner’s Office
- Wycliffe House
- Water Lane, Wilmslow
- Cheshire SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: www.ico.org.uk